Wednesday, June 19, 2013

People’s activity is based on imaginary sense in WOW

With green fire, my view is that, if we all logged in tomorrow and found our Warlocks automatically had access to it, it would be passing up on an opportunity for experiencing something good. Ultimately, I don't know if even a World First boss kill for WOW gold is prestigious in the sense of having a lot of people admire you for it. There's the sense of personal satisfaction, but there's also the belief that other people understand its significance (even if they don't) that can underly it. What I was trying to say is that so much of people's activity is based on an imaginary sense of what's prestigious.
 
I think you misunderstood. "Simple and inexpensive" are not what I was talking about. If you bought something, if you traveled to get it, if you were rewarded it from a quest, if it was mailed to you by a friend: If you made an effort to get it, there is a narrative attached to it. Can you tell me something you've genuinely felt a glow of pride about, that doesn't have a story to go along with it? I definitely agree with you there. I'm really looking forward to this WOW gold quest line and when they removed the class quests for spells and mounts from the game with Cata I feel they diminished the leveling experience quite a bit. The story of how you got something can be as important to you as the thing itself.
 
I'm just questioning the necessity to try and create an artificial "prestige" by limiting access to the start of the chain instead of just making the chain itself memorable. It's not like any orange fired Warlock, upon encountering a fel blasting green fired Warlock, is ever going to go "Wow, he must be an awesome Warlock for getting that random drop, truly that green fire makes me admire him".
 

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess it could be about not wanting their new mini Black Temple to be swarming with Warlocks in the first week. Or maybe just, you know, gamifying it, so that the alpha nerds can have their little shot of "I did it first" joy, before they take to the forums to complain about other people being allowed to have it to.

source: http://www.iurpg.com/news/People’s-activity-is-based-on-imaginary-sense-in-WOW.html

No comments:

Post a Comment